Chocolate Black Bean Brownies (Gluten-Free)
These rich, chocolaty brownies are gluten-free & delicious. The eggs provide a light and delicate creaminess. And each brownie provides twicee as much fiber as a serving of whole grains.
- 1/3 cup organic butter, softened (use 1 tbsp. to grease pan & reserve reminder)
- 2 15-oz. cans black beans, rinsed, drained (about 3 cups total)
- 4 lg. eggs
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate (melted in microwave with 2 tbsp. water)
- 1 tsp. balsamic (or apple cider) vinegar
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Grease a 7X11-inch baking pan with the tablespoon of softened butter. Place the beans and eggs in a food processor or blender; blend till smooth. Mix in the butter, sugar, vanilla, cocoa, melted chocolate, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and walnuts. Pour batter into baking pan. Bake for about 30 minutes until knife inserted into middle comes out clean.
Makes 18 brownies (2×3-inches). Each brownie provides about 190 calories, 7g protein, 8g fat (3g sat fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 17g carbohydrate, 12g sugar, 6g fiber, 50 mg calcium, 70mg magnesium, 105 mg sodium, 280 mg potassium.