FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Healing Foods to Savor Cookbook
By Sheila Kealey and Vicky A. Newman with Susan Faerber
Order 2nd Edition of Food for Thought Cookbook
This book will inspire you with practical tips on how to purchase and prepare delicious food with eye appeal that will nourish your body, protect your health, and nurture your spirit.
Recipes feature vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and legumes, which have long been recognized as good sources of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. New research suggests that many of these plant foods contain other healing substances including phytochemicals (plant chemicals). These phytochemicals help protect plants from disease, and studies are revealing that eating a diet with plenty of phytochemical-rich foods may help protect humans from disease as well. View a sample page Cruciferous Wonders and a list of recipes Recipe List from the 2012 edition.
Food For Thought: Healing Foods to Savor features …
- An alphabetical reference of vegetables, fruits, beans/legumes, and whole grains that includes:
- Great tasting recipes, each with complete nutritional analysis
- Storage and preparation tips
- Grocery shopping tips
- Serving ideas
- Healthy eating and living guidelines
- A guide to understanding protein, fats, carbohydrates, fiber, sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium.
For more of Vicky’s recipes, click HERE.