Spinach Salad with Blueberries, Cauliflower, Walnuts, & Feta
This colorful salad is loaded with protective phytochemicals from the BIG color, STRONG flavor vegetables and fruit. It’s a feast for the eyes, as well as the palate.
- 3 cups raw baby spinach, preferably organic (6oz bag at Trader Joe’s)
- 2 cups raw cauliflower, chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, preferably organic
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup feta, chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 1 ½ – 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lg lime (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp. fresh (or 1 tsp. dry) dill weed
- Salt to taste, though feta is salty, so usually none needed
Place the spinach, cauliflower, blueberries, walnuts, and feta into a large salad bowl. Drizzle with olive oil. Toss gently to make sure all leaves are coated. Then add the lime juice, dill, and optional salt. Toss gently & serve.
Makes 4 side-salad portions (or 2 meal-size portions).